Friday, May 25, 2012

How I got inspired to try cake decorating

     It's almost Summer time, most people think of it as delightful, but it's probably the hardest season to keep yourself moving.
    Britney has been trying out some sewing things, while I was searching for something "different" to try. I didn't want  your usual "cup of tea" and finally I came across cake decorating. A few things inspired me to this.                         
     Britney has a basic cake decorating kit that I borrowed to make cupcakes for our family when they came over for our mother's day party. Then, "yogurt drops" is something I saw on http://pinterest.com/  which is really simple, get yogurt in what ever flavor you like most and put them in little dots on wax paper, put them on a cookie sheet and throw it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes and you get little frozen dots of yogurt. Quite yummy if I say so myself. :) 
I used Britney's piping bag and small writing tip for the yogurt dots, for those of you who are wondering. Also I love getting together with friends and making cupcakes. Cake Boss (which you can find on youtube) has been a huge inspiration for me. I love his show and it's amazing what he does. I'm prett sure his cakes are super expensive, but I'm hoping to be able to get on from him someday.

     I created this blog as a timeline, really so I can see how I'm improving.
I'll share my tips, tricks, and most successful recipes along with pictures and links to great cake decorating blogs.


                           -Cake Crumb Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment