Friday, March 1, 2013

Course Three: Gum Paste and Fondant: Lesson Two

     In this lesson my classmate and I created one of the most beautiful and easy flowers to learn in gum paste and fondant, the Calla Lily.
 First, we rolled out our 50-50 gum paste and fondant mix and cut out  Calla Lily shapes.

And wrapped it around the Lily former.
And peeled up the edges.
After each one was done, it was sat face-down on the mat until partially dried.
While they dried I took out my yellow fondant and rolled it out, I cut it out with my medium circle cutter, then cut that in circle half and rolled half of it into a ball and elongated it to about an inch.
I then coated the yellow piece in gum paste and dropped it in yellow sugar.
 
The Calla Lily was a very fun and easy flower to complete!
 
Next, my classmate and I assembled our bows
Which turned out to be so adorable!
Sadly, mine broke on the way home, but  at least I know how to make it again when I want to.
 
And last, but not least, we created a gum paste rose.

Which was assembled by simply cutting out rose after rose with fondant/gum paste and layering them differently.
Each base is created on spaghetti, so it is easily broken off after created.
 
Gum paste and Fondant is so different than icing(- which seemed to be my "forte)
it requires more time and patience and lots and lots of gum paste glue.
But I'm starting to get the hang of it!
 
-Cake Crumb Girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment