Friday, July 27, 2012

Week three: Thursdays with Cake Crumb Girl

Hello everybody!
Turns out the mother board is going bad on my laptop, so I'll be getting a new one before school starts back up. So since we aren't going with the $400 repair,  we were able to go ahead and pick it back up.
 I got on it today to get my pictures for you all. Then I'll transfer the rest of my data to my new laptop when I get it...etc...


I found a mold/ cake pan at a thrift shop that's shaped as a fish, I decided I would try doing it on Thursday. I practiced doing some piping on the pan before doing it on the cake.
I did somewhat of a shell boarder around the cake and traced all the nooks and crannies with a toothpick.
The finishing product. My roses are on the top and Nana's is on the bottom.

I wanted to make mini cakes. So I got a cookie cutter and cut out mini cakes. And put them on little cake boards.
Needless to say...they didn't turn out according to my plan.

To finish the lesson for the day, I practiced some piping  on some freezer paper.
Oh well! Sometimes things don't turn out the way you want them to, but don't be afraid to play with new ideas!
-Cake Crumb Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment