Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A request from my Aunt

     I received a call from my Aunt a few days ago. She works at a restaurant in Damascus, Maryland called Tom & Rays (I've actually worked there a few times to help her out). She was asking if I was interested in making two cakes for the restaurant. The person who normally makes cakes for them was out of town on vacation. So I accepted the offer. Plus she was paying me $15 each cake.
    I decided on making my Grandma's Apple Sauce Raisin Cake and my Nana's Red Velvet Cake.
I put my Grandma's cake in the oven right before I went to do school for the day...or at least went downstairs to do school anyway... ;)
After I finished school I worked on the red velvet cake.
Here I'm working on indents with a spoon to create a whipped look.
 
I think it turned out looking pretty professional.
 
My Aunt called last night. The apple sauce raisin cake went over very well. There happens to be quite the buzz going on about the new cake in town. She took the cake at 4 o'clock pm and there was only two pieces left when they closed, so she requested us to make another one!
How exciting!
Thanks for stopping by!
-Cake Crumb Girl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment