Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Uncle's birthday surprise!

     My Aunt and Uncle invited Britney( my sister) and I to join them, Kurtis and his girlfriend, Bryanna to a week long vacation at a beach house near Fenwick Island, Delaware.
 During vacation it was going to be my uncle's birthday.  So I decided to surprise him with cupcakes.
My uncle LOVES lighthouses. I came up with an idea of finding 5  images of nautical clip art on Google images. I printed them out on card stock and taped them to a toothpick, which I stuck in the cupcake. I thought they turned out quite good!
     It took us until 12am to finish them. Uncle Dean didn't go to bed until about 10pm. Then I had to get the cupcake batter  mixed, heat up the oven, let the cupcakes cool...etc. I didn't have the equipment to make my own icing so I used store bought spray icing. It was actually very hard to convince uncle Dean to get eggs. I needed three eggs for my cupcakes!
They went over very well and I think uncle Dean appreciated them.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
-Cake Crumb Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment