Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Course Two: Flowers and Cake Design: Lesson Three

Hello everybody! Hope you all are having a great autumn week so far (:
My Wilton Cake Decorating lesson last Saturday was so much fun. These flowers have been amazing to learn and quickly become adorable decorations for a cake.
My classmate, Elba and I learned the cute little daffodils.

Violets. (I know they're supposed to be purple.... Just haven't bought the U.S. famous Wilton coloring called purple just yet :P)

This is the Lilly nail. You can use foil from home, but make sure it's a low grade. Mrs.Cristol recommends a dollar store brand, the thicker it is, the harder it is to save your flower in the end, So you want a very light kind.

Take the other half of the Lilly nail and press down.

This is what should've happened. Now fold the remaining underneath the nook of the Lilly nail.
I wanted to keep taking pictures and instruct you all on how to make a Lilly, but  it got a little busy (;
I have videos. But I would need her permission to put them online. Maybe next time!
 
For this coming Saturday, it will be my last class with Elba. I'm taking off the Wilton courses for the rest of this semester and doing little fun things here and there with cake decorating and will be starting back with the courses in 2013.
 
Also this coming Saturday is the final cake of course 2!
Mrs.Cristol told me that I tend to have a habit of picking the hardest cake in the book as my final one :P I have to admit. I like to challenge myself to these things! ;)
 
Have a great week!!
-Cake Crumb Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment