Monday, April 1, 2013

Elba's Birthday Surprise *Shhh*

This is one of the great things about knowing how to decorate cakes, I get to surprise the people that I decorate with!
Elba has been trying so hard for the past few months to get me to come to her house after class so she can feed me (She's Mexican, okay? She really knows how to make good food! Haha) I haven't been able to go because I've always had a test on Wednesdays that I start studying for once I get home after cake decorating. Well, a couple weeks ago Elba told us that her birthday was on March 31st and she wanted us over on the 20th as her birthday party. We changed the timing of the class to earlier so I would still have time to study after eating at her house. Elba left the class room before I did, so Cristal told me after she had left the room to make her a birthday cake.
 
   So my mom and I searched pinterest and found this adorable little cake!
 
 
And I used it as my inspiration.
 
I used a mason jar lid to carve a nest in the middle of the cake.
So it had a dent in the middle for the eggs.

 
Ending result:
 

 
It turned out really adorable and Elba loved it.
 
Her face once she saw it made it all very worthwhile.
 
"Oh, Stephanie! You make this for me? AHHH! You going to make me cry!"
 
Lunch was wonderful at her house. And I loved meeting both of her daughters. And their little , Chihuahua -poodle mix dog named Mango.
 
"Mom can I have an egg?"
"No! They're mine! My Birthday, my eggs."
 
She told me that her mom never made her a cake for her birthday growing up as a little girl, and that this was her first birthday cake.
 
-Cake Crumb Girl
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment